PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Ballsack is onto us.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 07:16 PM
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... 8&start=80 (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=132268&start=80)

His response to Shawn....

"Read all about your "distaste" and how you don't like trolls, negative posters and being ignored. Big deal, get over yourself. You got a link to the post where you inform the mods that you and the other clique members are initiating PMs to THIS boards members encouraging them to leave and go somewhere else?"

The one guy I am trying to avoid. "There goes the neighborhood".

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 07:23 PM
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=132268&start=80

His response to Shawn....

"Read all about your "distaste" and how you don't like trolls, negative posters and being ignored. Big deal, get over yourself. You got a link to the post where you inform the mods that you and the other clique members are initiating PMs to THIS boards members encouraging them to leave and go somewhere else?"

The one guy I am trying to avoid. "There goes the neighborhood".

Well if Lex appears here, at least we'll all know his motives. I'd also be on the look-out for unfamiliar names who are either cantankerous or overly-friendly (trying to establish false trust).

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 07:26 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm keeping my eye open for Mike Hunt a.k.a Harry Nutzcak.

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 08:00 PM
As I've state before. I have no issue with differing opinions and heated debates.... but it has gotten ridiculous with the Trib board. Everyone is in a "clique" and eveyone is a "lemming." :roll:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
:lol:

I'm sure he will try to weasle his way in over here. I suspect he will come over as a good guy...and slowly degrade into a pile of negative nonsense and trolling.

I'm just glad to have a place where I don't have to worry about guys like that.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
As I've state before. I have no issue with differing opinions and heated debates.... but it has gotten ridiculous with the Trib board. Everyone is in a "clique" and eveyone is a "lemming." :roll:

Kool-Aid drinking Lemming. :roll:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:10 PM
PS: My sig looks sick on that black background. Chalk up another point for PS! :D

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Kool-Aid drinking Lemming. :roll:

I bet he had to confer with the clique before he posted that. :roll:

:lol:

papillon
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
You guys are really letting HN win the war. He's one guy over at the Trib and he's managed to cause you all such angst. Ignore his nonsense and he'll either go away or begin to post in a manner that is more tolerable. You only fuel the fire by getting into verbal volleyball matches with him. That's what he wants to see how much disruption he can cause and all these complaints and ridiculous arguments with him help him achieve his goal.

Just the opinion of a backseat Psychologist.

Pappy

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
You guys are really letting HN win the war. He's one guy over at the Trib and he's managed to cause you all such angst. Ignore his nonsense and he'll either go away or begin to post in a manner that is more tolerable. You only fuel the fire by getting into verbal volleyball matches with him. That's what he wants to see how much disruption he can cause and all these complaints and ridiculous arguments with him help him achieve his goal.

Pappy

You are certainly right Pap Smear :D (yea I think thats funny sue me) But, I have basically ignored the guy for months. I have finally grown tired of reading posts from all the Pats, Browns and harrynut trolls.

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Pappy

Agreed. HN doesn't bother as much as he used to. I think that pointless jabs are pretty annoying. I can think of 3-4 instances where I was in a discussion with a fellow member and were talking about nothing to with "board politics"... actual Steeler material and he quoted me making these ridiculous statements. I just ignored him, but the unfortunate after affect is that you loose the rhythm of the debate or conversation you might be having with someone, all because somebody decides to interject. The name calling is just as juvenille.

papillon
05-16-2008, 08:35 PM

Pappy

You are certainly right Pap Smear :D (yea I think thats funny sue me) But, I have basically ignored the guy for months. I have finally grown tired of reading posts from all the Pats, Browns and harrynut trolls.

Huh, huh, huh, he said PapSmear :P, maybe I should have an alter ego..:shock:

Pappy

papillon
05-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Pappy

Agreed. HN doesn't bother as much as he used to. I think that pointless jabs are pretty annoying. I can think of 3-4 instances where I was in a discussion with a fellow member and were talking about nothing to with "board politics"... actual Steeler material and he quoted me making these ridiculous statements. I just ignored him, but the unfortunate after affect is that you loose the rhythm of the debate or conversation you might be having with someone, all because somebody decides to interject. The name calling is just as juvenille.

It can be difficult to ignore posters whose sole intent is to denigrate and make fun of people, but, if you don't you end up as the spider's meal, because, you get caught in the web.

Pappy

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 08:42 PM
His only purpose is to cause chaos. He turns every thread into a mess. He shows up here and isn't banned immediately then I'm gone. I don't need that grade school crap.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 08:44 PM
PS: My sig looks sick on that black background. Chalk up another point for PS! :D

I noticed that earlier. Your sig looks nice up against the black background

costanza2k1
05-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Someone like Harry shouldn't have to go through a voting process he can should be voted off instantly!

costanza2k1
05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Where's Jack when you need him!

http://www.moonbattery.com/jack-bauer.jpg

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Where's Jack when you need him!

http://www.moonbattery.com/jack-bauer.jpg

Last I heard, he was in jail for DUI..... Seriously. :lol:

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Pappy

Agreed Pap.

I actually don't mind Nutsack all that much or any of the folks that got jammed up in the LoD...I enjoy making fun of them. It does bother me somewhat when you see conversations quickly dissolve into juvenile name-calling or other types of insults but I didn't decide to branch out here because of them. The main reason was the technical issues and the way the mods failed to address it or answer questions about it (apparently they have responded to SMG finally). They wantonly remove any thread which discusses the problem or is even remotely critical of the board operation. I find that level of control and censorship to be abhorrent and I don't want anything to do with it. Unfortunately the Trib board is the best collection of Steeler fans I have seen anywhere and I would have left a long time ago had it not been for that.

When the move here initially began I thought it would be a good idea to check it out and so far I think we've got a solid sampling of the best posters from the Trib. I'm hopeful the exodus continues and we get a couple dozen more so we can begin to approximate the quality we are all used to. Until then I'll continue to post on both boards, but I'm going to make a concerted effort to help keep this place humming.

I'm excited about the possibility of so many passionate, like-minded individuals coming together to help jhansle build this board and I welcome anyone (including Nutsack) who is interested in good conversation and debate. I value differing opinions, but more than that I value a civil exchange of ideas, which is why I view this split differently than the previous one where a bunch of loud-mouth malcontents (not all) jumped ship so they could have unmoderated flame-wars. Don't get me wrong, I like to mix it up a little when there is some serious differences in opinions or ideas, but I can't stand those who have a propensity to break out the insults and name-calling.

I think I've disagreed at some point with every poster who is here so far and I look forward to future disagreements with all of you. :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Pappy

Agreed Pap.

I actually don't mind Nutsack all that much or any of the folks that got jammed up in the LoD...I enjoy making fun of them. It does bother me somewhat when you see conversations quickly dissolve into juvenile name-calling or other types of insults but I didn't decide to branch out here because of them. The main reason was the technical issues and the way the mods failed to address it or answer questions about it (apparently they have responded to SMG finally). They wantonly remove any thread which discusses the problem or is even remotely critical of the board operation. I find that level of control and censorship to be abhorrent and I don't want anything to do with it. Unfortunately the Trib board is the best collection of Steeler fans I have seen anywhere and I would have left a long time ago had it not been for that.

When the move here initially began I thought it would be a good idea to check it out and so far I think we've got a solid sampling of the best posters from the Trib. I'm hopeful the exodus continues and we get a couple dozen more so we can begin to approximate the quality we are all used to. Until then I'll continue to post on both boards, but I'm going to make a concerted effort to help keep this place humming.

I'm excited about the possibility of so many passionate, like-minded individuals coming together to help jhansle build this board and I welcome anyone (including Nutsack) who is interested in good conversation and debate. I value differing opinions, but more than that I value a civil exchange of ideas, which is why I view this split differently than the previous one where a bunch of loud-mouth malcontents (not all) jumped ship so they could have unmoderated flame-wars. Don't get me wrong, I like to mix it up a little when there is some serious differences in opinions or ideas, but I can't stand those who have a propensity to break out the insults and name-calling.

I think I've disagreed at some point with every poster who is here so far and I look forward to future disagreements with all of you. :lol:

This statement sums it up perfect. It's not individuals that bothered me it's how quickly conversations turned to crap.

Les 74
05-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok,I'll admit it.Nutsack was a big part of why I left.He threw personal attacks at me every chance he had............for no reason.The server was a part of it too,but guys like Nutbag made the experience much,mcuh worse!!

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Fla, your entire statement summed it up quite nicely... As for your quote below...

... We can start early in pre-season, just to get warmed-up for regular season action! How about "Bruce Arians" as a subject... :wink: :lol:

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Fla - NS isn't capable of any of the things you mentioned. I have no problems with differing opinions either...it's all the other crap. Like I said, if NS shows here and isn't booted immediately then it'll be time for me to move on.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Fla, your entire statement summed it up quite nicely... As for your quote below...

... We can start early in pre-season, just to get warmed-up for regular season action! How about "Bruce Arians" as a subject... :wink: :lol:

You mean he is still our offensive coordinator after the game he called against Jacksonville. What the heck is Tomlin thinking... Oh wait, don't get me started on Tomlin.

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 10:03 PM

Would there be any disagreement when it comes to Arians?

Well, I guess there are a few people who do support him and look to Ben's season or the early offensive production to back that up. I am all for giving him a second season to see what type of adjustments he makes in his philosophies and play-calling as well as how he incorporates our new offensive weapons, but I lack faith in him completely.

Go ahead NKy...support him. It'll be on bro! :lol:

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 10:06 PM

Pappy

Agreed Pap.

Speak the gospel, brothers of Steel. Well said Pap/Fla. For me, the addiction of the Triblive message board was I found a community of people who were extremely passionate about something so beloved. The after-affect should be brotherhood and comradery.... not necessarily agreement, but at the very least understanding. Over the last year its been predominantly negative and when it ceases to become entertaining and enjoyable.... then I want nothing to do with it. Hopefully the migration here will be a renaissance for all involved and productive conversations regarding our team can be re-established.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:08 PM

Alright. That made me laugh out loud!... Since I have the windows open, the neighbors probably think I'm crazy.... :lol: :lol:

...Actually, I thought you were in favor of him... :oops: You see, deep down, I KNEW there was a reason I liked you.... :wink:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:09 PM

I noticed that earlier. Your sig looks nice up against the black background

Thanks LVG. :)

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks LVG. :)

... Now if you could shrink down the right side a bit and add his head and elbows it would be fantastic!

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Fla - NS isn't capable of any of the things you mentioned. I have no problems with differing opinions either...it's all the other crap. Like I said, if NS shows here and isn't booted immediately then it'll be time for me to move on.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all brother. My point was that anyone who does show up and is capable of exchanging opinions and ideas in a civil manner is welcome; I was just using him as an example.

As far as the negativity or constant doom and gloom some posters bring to the table...yeah, it does get tiring but I cannot advocate banishing someone because they tend to always view the glass as half-full. I will call them out for it and even mock them like we did with the whole LoD thing, but unless they are purposefully doing it to piss everyone off, then they have that right.

I'm not a fan of exclusive factions, so I would hope that anyone is welcome here until they prove themselves worthy of expulsion.

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 10:24 PM

Pappy

Agreed Pap.

I actually don't mind Nutsack all that much or any of the folks that got jammed up in the LoD...I enjoy making fun of them.

Well said. As annoying as that broken record of his is, nutzcak didn't bother me all that much and I enjoyed subtly making fun of him by referring to him as nutzcak, kind of like DeNiro saying Focker. The thing that irked me the most about nutzcak was his name, which I felt was disrespectful to other posters.

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 10:25 PM

I wouldn't disagree with that at all brother. My point was that anyone who does show up and is capable of exchanging opinions and ideas in a civil manner is welcome; I was just using him as an example.

As far as the negativity or constant doom and gloom some posters bring to the table...yeah, it does get tiring but I cannot advocate banishing someone because they tend to always view the glass as half-full. I will call them out for it and even mock them like we did with the whole LoD thing, but unless they are purposefully doing it to piss everyone off, then they have that right.

I'm not a fan of exclusive factions, so I would hope that anyone is welcome here until they prove themselves worthy of expulsion.

I just want to be able to discuss both good and bad without all the crying and bitching and pessimism permeating every thread.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I think it will become apparently obvious if someone should be banned. Obviously, we are not going to like some of the people we post with in a community...cough Les cough. :D I would hope that all thoughts and ideas are welcome until it's obvious that the poster isn't trying to better the community. Just my 2 cents.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
As has been echoed multiple times in this thread and elsewhere... I want to be able to discuss rationally and civilly. I do not always agree with the status-quo and will point out the mis-givings I see when watching a game. ... I want to be able to do so and not be bashed for my opinion. ... I also agree with others, and have fun joking around with them. ... I do not wish to be accused of being in a freakin' "clique" because of it. ... Again, we ALL are in a "clique" of Steeler fans.

(P.S. ...If you disagree with me, you are wrong....) :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-16-2008, 10:37 PM
I think it will become apparently obvious if someone should be banned. Obviously, we are not going to like some of the people we post with in a community...cough Les cough. :D I would hope that all thoughts and ideas are welcome until it's obvious that the poster isn't trying to better the community. Just my 2 cents.

Hey,there was a long line of people who didn't like me before you guys and there will be a long line after,too!! :lol:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Hey,there was a long line of people who didn't like me before you guys and there will be a long line after,too!! :lol:

Well, I will say I like the sig sooooo you may stay a little while longer. :)

Les 74
05-16-2008, 10:44 PM

Well, I will say I like the sig sooooo you may stay a little while longer. :)

If I've said it once,I've said it a million times..........don't oogle at my wife like that!!! :lol:

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 11:19 PM

Alright. That made me laugh out loud!... Since I have the windows open, the neighbors probably think I'm crazy.... :lol: :lol:

...Actually, I thought you were in favor of him... :oops: You see, deep down, I KNEW there was a reason I liked you.... :wink:

And here I was thinking I was one of his most vocal critics.

Wait a minute...if you actually were under the impression that I was in Arians corner then you must have by extention been assuming that I'm some kind of dumbass. Thanks man, that's real cool.

anothersteelerfan
05-17-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't what ya are complaining about, you weren't called a slut and a pornstar. :lol:

BTW I see they edited the thread complaining about him and them letting him get away with it. But the pornstar thread remains intact.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Wait a minute...if you actually were under the impression that I was in Arians corner then you must have by extention been bad word that I'm some kind of dumbass. Thanks man, that's real cool.

Not in any way there, Fla... I just didn't recall you being against Arians' work, that's all (I usually felt like a salmon swimming upstream with that argument last season).... I DO recall you agreeing with me about the O-line and personnel... I was just trying to use it/make it all into a joke in some way..... :oops: You know how us Kentucky folk are.... <insert banjo music>.... :wink:

Flasteel
05-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Wait a minute...if you actually were under the impression that I was in Arians corner then you must have by extention been bad word that I'm some kind of dumbass. Thanks man, that's real cool.

Not in any way there, Fla... I just didn't recall you being against Arians' work, that's all (I usually felt like a salmon swimming upstream with that argument last season).... I DO recall you agreeing with me about the O-line and personnel... I was just trying to use it/make it all into a joke in some way..... :oops: You know how us Kentucky folk are.... <insert banjo music>.... :wink:

I don't always use the :lol: icon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Djfan
05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Disagreement, discussion and stupid are different. Keep the first two, get rid of the last.

stlrz d
05-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Disagreement, discussion and stupid are different. Keep the first two, get rid of the last.

This.

BigLebowski
05-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Anyone see the irony here? People left the other board for various reasons, some of which includes certain trolls. And yet on this new board, there is a thread about what said poster wrote on the old board? Call me Crazy but Nutzcak is getting the best of everyone, including me! :oops:

Djfan
05-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone see the irony here? People left the other board for various reasons, some of which includes certain trolls. And yet on this new board, there is a thread about what said poster wrote on the old board? Call me Crazy but Nutzcak is getting the best of everyone, including me! :oops:

That's quite funny! If he is lurking he is laughing. At least he has this value to us!

BIG FAN
05-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Face it, we like to hate Harry.
His detrimental diatribes only go so far.
His post count of needless, worthless self-epitomizing rises with each and every response that we GAVE him.
Harry and others only live on what we give them, if they come here dont respond, maybe put some trust is this mod. to cut this kind of crap out.

LasVegasGuy
05-18-2008, 01:02 PM

That's quite funny! If he is lurking he is laughing. At least he has this value to us!

If the guy had anything informative to say he wouldn't be such a jerk. His main purpose over at the Trib is to just tear apart what anyone says. He claims to be a fan but if I have to see that Rooney quote about Spygate one more time I am going to scream.

I basically ignored everything he printed so he didn't bother me as much as others. But from what I learned a collective group PM'ed the mods about banning this behavior and their response was just leave him alone and he will go away. If the mods over their cared about the masses they would have banned this fool. Instead they allowed him to fester and in the process he recruited others that are becoming just as arrogant as him.

If he came over here I certainly wouldn't be against it but I would like to think if he continued his annoying ways we would at least have a voice.

AngryAsian
05-18-2008, 01:58 PM
As I stated previously, HN didn't bother me. I think I've had maybe 3 total posts that actually was directed to him. He's attacked me on more than one occasion, trying to goad me, but I thought nothing of it. He obviously is intelligent, and contrary to what others say he is a fan of the Black and Gold. I noticed that he had a tendency to target certain individuals and would often "look for a fight" using various thread topics as his avenue to have his showdowns. He certainly is allowed to have a voice in the cyber-community, but the continual harassment he would show towards anybody with a positive perspective was uncalled for. I don't mind having someone's yin to my yang (there's a joke in there somewhere)... I just had issue in the way it was presented.

I definitely came over here for two main reasons, and neither of them were because of HN. Why I'm here: 1) I'm a positive person and the tone of Trib has taken on a more hostile and negative vibe... 2) Really cool graphics on this site. :D

eniparadoxgma
05-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I thought he sucked and needed to be punched in his brainless cranium.

Anyhow, since it was obvious to me that he wasn't going away I made it a point to make fun of him and point out his contradictions and inconsistencies every chance I got. I think I finally got to him, actually. I sent him a PM making fun of him and he threatened to tell the mods on me. :lol: There were more than a few times that he just stopped responding to me in a thread after I bagged on him real hard.

What a toolbag. :)

anothersteelerfan
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Anyhow, since it was obvious to me that he wasn't going away I made it a point to make fun of him and point out his contradictions and inconsistencies every chance I got. I think I finally got to him, actually. I sent him a PM making fun of him and he threatened to tell the mods on me. :lol: There were more than a few times that he just stopped responding to me in a thread after I bagged on him real hard.

I got a PM from another trib member that said they had complained to the mods and got a pm from them saying that they had viewed his posts and did not feel as if he had personally attacked any member or violated any message board rules. That members just needed to leave him alone and he would leave them alone. Also that they were letting all the members know they were working on the technical issues.

I'm not familiar with the member and they have very few posts, so I don't know how reliable they are.

The mods over there haven't PMed me, I guess I'm apart of the troublemakers. :lol:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM

I got a PM from another trib member that said they had complained to the mods and got a pm from them saying that they had viewed his posts and did not feel as if he had personally attacked any member or violated any message board rules. That members just needed to leave him alone and he would leave them alone. Also that they were letting all the members know they were working on the technical issues.

I'm not familiar with the member and they have very few posts, so I don't know how reliable they are.

The mods over there haven't PMed me, I guess I'm apart of the troublemakers. :lol:

Hmmmm,maybe Aszcrack is a mod??? :lol:

anothersteelerfan
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM

Hmmmm,maybe Aszcrack is a mod??? :lol:

I hadn't thought of that. :?:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
And I didn't get a PM,either.Honestly,I could care less anymore.That place has seriously gone down hill in the last few months.

anothersteelerfan
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
And I didn't get a PM,either.Honestly,I could care less anymore.That place has seriously gone down hill in the last few months.

I got one back during the Crash, BN split, that was when I first thought that some of the posters must be mods.

Les 74
05-19-2008, 03:22 PM

I got one back during the Crash, BN split, that was when I first thought that some of the posters must be mods.

Any "mod" that thinks what Aszcrack is doing is ok,either is Aszcrack himself or retarded.