PDA

View Full Version : Idea for members

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Why doesn't everyone go back to triblive site and PM two or three members that would make the board better. Use this thread to "call out" who you will PM. I'll start:

1. mfshinko
2. Smartmonies

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Why doesn't everyone go back to triblive site and PM two or three members that would make the board better. Use this thread to "call out" who you will PM. I'll start:

1. mfshinko
2. Smartmonies

I already PM'ed Smartmonies & MisterPittsburgh. I haven't heard from those guys or seen them on the memberlist here yet. Other then that everyone I PM'ed has registered.

Make sure when you PM you send the link to the memberlist. Once they see who defected already they will be more willing to join.

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Just PM'd them.

Les 74
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Few suggestions:

1.Oviedo
2.fezziwig
3.DVSONE

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I pm'd Patrick Williams and Soul Kitchen

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I pm'd Patrick Williams and Soul Kitchen

Good thinking with Soul Kitchen. I don't know what we'd do without Renegade. :lol:

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, besides some that are already here, I PM'd:
Johnstownsteel
LonBull
BigLebowski
rpm
bdeff

steelz09
05-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow...

This is awesome guys!

Thanks so much for helping out

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow...

This is awesome guys!

We will grab the guys but it will be up to you Jhansle to deliver. If you fail I see alot of guys heading right back to the Trib.

BigLebowski
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Johnstownsteel
LonBull
BigLebowski
rpm
bdeff

And I thank you for it, NKySteeler!!!!!!!!

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
You're welcome.... :wink:

...I also fired one off to NC Steeler Fan, and Benny last night.

I really hope that this site can hold up to the workload on a game day.
...That was my main issue, as well as the lag time when posting. The trolls/negativity was a bit much, but could be tollerated if the site worked. So "here's to hoping all goes well" and this place explodes with great Steeler banter!
(...And by "banter", I mean agreement, disagreement, and discussion in a civil manner.)

Wolfhound45
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Present for posting, or duty, or whatever. But I am not going to wear a T-shirt!

steelz09
05-16-2008, 06:34 PM
If the server has problems with a "game day" workload of posts then I will upgrade to account for that :)

I would also like to add more of a blog to the front page, but that is still in the works.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Present for posting, or duty, or whatever. But I am not going to wear a T-shirt!

Welcome brother.... Now I feel bad, because I forgot I'd already notified you... :oops:
...Man, you were on my list to PM again.... :oops:

Well, if it's "shirtless" for you, I just hope you don't have a webcam!.... :o

steelz09
05-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow...

This is awesome guys!

We will grab the guys but it will be up to you Jhansle to deliver. If you fail I see alot of guys heading right back to the Trib.

LVG,

Thanks.... What do you mean by deliver? If you have a request for something that should be added to this site please let me know and I will do everything I possibly can to make it happen.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
If the server has problems with a "game day" workload of posts then I will upgrade to account for that :)

I would also like to add more of a blog to the front page, but that is still in the works.

Sounds good j1... I know that has been on a few of our minds....

...In addition to the blog, have you thought about compiling a list of Steeler bars and/or restaurants? .... A good many of us travel, and with a memberlist of folks from all over the country, it could be quite a good directory of places to visit. (if it's already there, my apologies... I have the forum board as my bookmark.)

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow...

This is awesome guys!

LVG,

Thanks.... What do you mean by deliver? If you have a request for something that should be added to this site please let me know and I will do everything I possibly can to make it happen.

Basically, what is driving alot of us away from the Trib is the lack of moderation, down time issues, trolls who are there just to piss people off, etc. I know that during game days it's next to impossible to get on and it is especially bad when something big happens in the news (e.g. Ben's Mortorcycle accident). Hopefully, this site can handle some of these issues and give the users at least a voice.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 07:02 PM

Welcome Wolfhound grab a drink and hang around awhile.

papillon
05-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I Pm'd Harry Nutczak, Ryan Leaf ans Zayets, I hope nobody minds. :P

Pappy

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Johnstownsteel
LonBull
BigLebowski
rpm
bdeff

And I thank you for it, NKySteeler!!!!!!!!

BL in the House!

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Pappy

Cool.... I shot tomiesteel a message last night....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5148/panicww0.gif

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 08:03 PM

Pappy

I took care of Rex RexRoth and TeeCee Madison since you forgot about them.

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I'd literally **** eggrolls if they came over.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow...

This is awesome guys!

LVG,

I would imagine he's talking about content and keeping this place free from the trolling element.

By the way...all the guys you suggested are quality. And where is RPM by the way?
Why isn't the armpit here?

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 08:16 PM

And how is that different from any other night at the Steel household? :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM

:lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I would imagine he's talking about content and keeping this place free from the trolling element.

By the way...all the guys you suggested are quality. And where is RPM by the way?

Alot of guys have read my PM's but are reluctant to leave the Trib for whatever reason. I think once they are the only ones over and the content just isn't there anymore they will slowly be looking for a new place to call home.

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Alot of guys have read my PM's but are reluctant to leave the Trib for whatever reason. I think once they are the only ones over and the content just isn't there anymore they will slowly be looking for a new place to call home.

Yup, the offseason is not a good time to judge the success of this site. We'll see once camp starts.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 08:24 PM
And where is RPM by the way? Why isn't the armpit here?

...I think he's gonna check it out over the weekend.

papillon
05-16-2008, 08:33 PM

You can count on it at some point. Trust me.

I can't wrap my mind around the purpose of purposely trying to create havoc on a message board, but, clearly, some folks really get off on the prospect of doing just that.

Civility has disappeared due to the anonymity of the Internet. Most of these guys/gals that stir the pot would sit quietly in the corner if they were face to face with people. I try to make cogent and civil posts (even when I'm debating), so that, if, by chance, I was to ever meet someone from the board it would be fun and rewarding/

Pappy

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 08:46 PM

With two you get eggroll, so now there's another way!

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Welcome aboard wolfhound. Be sure to visit Jigawatts Welcome Center in order to
receive instructions on how to obtain your free gift basket.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:52 PM

I can't wrap my mind around the purpose of purposely trying to create havoc on a message board, but, clearly, some folks really get off on the prospect of doing just that.

Civility has disappeared due to the anonymity of the Internet. Most of these guys/gals that stir the pot would sit quietly in the corner if they were face to face with people. I try to make cogent and civil posts (even when I'm debating), so that, if, by chance, I was to ever meet someone from the board it would be fun and rewarding/

Pappy

Ehhh...shut the F up.

I personally like to post with my own particular style and flair. This usually results in me having a number of death threats and bounties placed on my head...but it's fun. I pray that if I ever meet anyone from the boards that they don't beat me. :D

Shawn
05-16-2008, 08:53 PM

Welcome aboard wolfhound. Be sure to visit Jigawatts Welcome Center in order to
receive instructions on how to obtain your free gift basket.

Yep, welcome wolfie...it's good to have ya.

Les 74
05-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Pappy

Ehhh...shut the F up.

I personally like to post with my own particular style and flair. This usually results in me having a number of death threats and bounties placed on my head...but it's fun. I pray that if I ever meet anyone from the boards that they don't beat me. :D

Too late,Shawn.I've been playing on beating your asz for months now. :lol:

papillon
05-16-2008, 09:33 PM

Pappy

Ehhh...shut the F up.

There is going to be a tailgate at one of the home games this year, correct? :twisted:

Heh, heh, we'll see who needs to shut the F up.. :evil:

Pappy

Djfan
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I have heard the the Dallas game is a destination game.

RuthlessBurgher
05-19-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't know if anybody PM'd him already, but I shot a message over to eltrain at the old board. With OTA's starting tomorrow, I asked him to stop over and give us Mike updates.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/MikeLorello_BIO.jpghttp://thumb16.webshots.net/t/64/464/7/10/57/2609710570034244776QxGAzr_th.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't know if anybody PM'd him already, but I shot a message over to eltrain at the old board. With OTA's starting tomorrow, I asked him to stop over and give us Mike updates.

THAT is a REALLY good idea Ruthless. I hope he comes over. I enjoy his posts a lot.

If there are to be photoshops here, should we PM the regular photoshoppers.. most are here but there are some (kagefury, hogerules33) that probably aren't.

anothersteelerfan
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM

Pappy
:twisted:

BTW I think you're discriminating against stain fans as you didn't PM Farmer. :)

stlrz d
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM

THAT is a REALLY good idea Ruthless. I hope he comes over. I enjoy his posts a lot.

If there are to be photoshops here, should we PM the regular photoshoppers.. most are here but there are some (kagefury, hogerules33) that probably aren't.

Yes.

papillon
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Absolutely, the more the merrier, anyone should be welcome to participate in the forum and in any photoshop contests.

Pappy

Les 74
05-20-2008, 08:06 AM

Pappy
:twisted:

BTW I think you're discriminating against stain fans as you didn't PM Farmer. :)

What about c*ckface??? :lol: :lol:

calmkiller
05-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I just PMed Chadman and Johnstown this morning. I haven't seen Chadman around in a while though...

RussBII
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
I just PMed Chadman and Johnstown this morning. I haven't seen Chadman around in a while though...

RussB will be pretty darned sad if Chadman doesn't make it over here...

Every board needs a good third person poster.

Djfan
05-21-2008, 01:59 AM

RussB will be pretty darned sad if Chadman doesn't make it over here...

Every board needs a good third person poster.

So, no need to PM Queerbait?