PDA

View Full Version : Why this board?

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi guys. Got vegasguy's PM over at triblive. Why are people jumping ship? Just curious.

steelz09
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
SteelerNation1,

I think its a combination of a few things

1) Trolls at the other boards
2) Negativity at the other boards
3) Spam at other boards
4) "Old" Message Board -- This forum has more functionality and is the latest and greatest (phpBB3) :) For example, the SteelersLive one is outdated (phpBB 2), and the Steelers.com one is horrific

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Tired of the dysfunctional moderators and servers.

Tired of threads degrading to childish name-calling and posturing and getting off-topic, deviating from the original thread topic.

Tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive.

Tired of the LoD and the anti-steeler vibe that has crept into most of the board's general overall discussion format.

Love the look and feel of the this site...

Love the functionality of the user interface and the quick upload times.

1Steelers.com has a bunch of people from the Stillernation that very aggressive, and don't want to jump from the frying pan and into the fire.

... did I mention, I'm tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive. Welcome aboard.:lol:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Good question. I don't plan on leaving the Trib anytime soon unless
I can get better football talk elsewhere. But, I have had alot of personal issues with the Trib recently.

1) First everything J just said.
2) Lack of communication with mods.
3) Technical issues with the Trib.

The place is slow and the mods won't even respond to concerns. The trolls run wild with names like Harry Nutczak...attacking other posters...no moderator intervention...but if someone dares to post a Legion of Doom post to slap the trolls on the hands...its taken down within 24 hours.

Personally, I would like to get this site to the point that I can leave the Trib without losing any good football talk.

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM
I can get better football talk elsewhere. But, I have had alot of personal issues with the Trib recently.

The place is slow and the mods won't even respond to concerns. The trolls run wild with names like Harry Nutczak...attacking other posters...no moderator intervention...but if someone dares to post a Legion of Doom post to slap the trolls on the hands...its taken down within 24 hours.

Personally, I would like to get this site to the point that I can leave the Trib without losing any good football talk.
Shawn,
Thats what I'm worried about. The info there is great. I hope this becomes what the trib once was. I'm here if we can get more to join.

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM

Shawn,
Thats what I'm worried about. The info there is great. I hope this becomes what the trib once was. I'm here if we can get more to join.

A lot of us are here already. Hopefully some of the other quality football minds over there will try this place out as well...

Les 74
05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
And here I thought everyone left because of me. :lol:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:22 AM

It will happen. I'm sure J will keep it troll free and I'm PMing people daily about planet steeler.

steelz09
05-16-2008, 11:33 AM
By biggest "beef" with SteelersLive is how slow the message board is and how often the board crashes.

Several times I've experienced it taking several minutes to load a new post. Sometimes it will eventually post the new thread, or it will time out. Then, if you get impatient and click the submit button more than one while it's attempting to load your thread, it results in duplicate posts.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM

Every board is somewhat slow "content-wise" during the off-season. Hopefully this one will pick up, as others do, once we get into regular action... Yes, the info there was definitely great, and obviously I still post over there - for now, but I would like to find one place to call "home" once the season starts... I hope that some of the "great minds" (as Ruthless put it) will come this direction.

calmkiller
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Just the general lack of moderation and the inability to keep the site up during posting. I dunno how many times, randomly during the day I have tried to check the site to see that its down. Most of the people I enjoy arguing with, or just having a civil football conversation are here now.

Les 74
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Every board is somewhat slow "content-wise" during the off-season. Hopefully this one will pick up, as others do, once we get into regular action... Yes, the info there was definitely great, and obviously I still post over there - for now, but I would like to find one place to call "home" once the season starts... I hope that some of the "great minds" (as Ruthless put it) will come this direction.

What,my mind isn't good enough??? :lol:

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Shoot, Les is here. :x I guess this place isn't safe either. Goodbye everyone. :roll:

:P

Les 74
05-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Shoot, Les is here. :x I guess this place isn't safe either. Goodbye everyone. :roll:

You can run,but you can't hide!! :lol:

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 12:41 PM

:oops: I just saw your avatar and it looks like you're a lost fan. So you're cool with me.
Other than certain sporting events, that's the only thing on TV that I have to watch.

Les 74
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM

:oops: I just saw your avatar and it looks like you're a lost fan. So you're cool with me.
Other than certain sporting events, that's the only thing on TV that I have to watch.

I'm a HUGE Lost fan,jig.I NEVER miss a show.

Flasteel
05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
The mods on Steelerslive suck monkey balls.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM

I vote this as "quote" of the year!!!

Shawn
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
[quote="Les 74":30fv7i00]You can run,but you can't hide!! :lol:

I'm a HUGE Lost fan,jig.I NEVER miss a show.[/quote:30fv7i00]

Per the mods...I am the only one that has an issue with their moderation of the boards.

:lol: Classic

I should go find their PM to me. Hilarious.

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2008, 03:24 PM

Yeah, I've challenged them to this game on my Wii, and boy do they suck!!! :lol:

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/e3/75/35/37194638-177x150-0-0_Nintendo+Super+Monkey+Ball+Banana+Blitz.jpg

costanza2k1
05-16-2008, 03:31 PM
[quote="Les 74":1tl0tqp1]You can run,but you can't hide!! :lol:

I'm a HUGE Lost fan,jig.I NEVER miss a show.[/quote:1tl0tqp1]

Not to get off topic too much here, but I can't wait for the finale! That show just rocks, I have watched the old seasons again 3 times just to catch the small things that I missed. Les you are now ok by me too :)

Shawn
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow, is this classic. Some guy named Carolina Treet suggested I was
in the minority with my Trib tech issues. He did this in triplicate.
BAWHAAAAAHAAAA

:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, is this classic. Some guy named Carolina Treet suggested I was
in the minority with my Trib tech issues. He did this in triplicate.
BAWHAAAAAHAAAA

No, AngryAsianSteel and SteelerOfDeville were in the minority, you racist bastage! :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey, kids... One more here...

Les 74
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM

There goes the neighborhood!! :wink:

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Did you visit the jigawatt welcome center?

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Per the mods...I am the only one that has an issue with their moderation of the boards.

:lol: Classic

I should go find their PM to me. Hilarious.

About a year and a half ago, or so, pfulton and I were going back and forth about the issues, and I was told basically the same thing.....

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM

I mention his name in a post, and...BAM!...11 minutes later he shows up with his first post. Now THAT'S some powerful unintentional pimpage right there. You better recognize! :wink:

http://chicago316.homestead.com/files/Pimp_Daddy_Pooh.jpg

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi guys. Got vegasguy's PM over at triblive. Why are people jumping ship? Just curious.

Welcome aboard SteelerNation glad to see you decided to stay for awhile.

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
[quote="Les 74":ki9mvqwg]And here I thought everyone left because of me. :lol:

You can run,but you can't hide!! :lol:[/quote:ki9mvqwg]

Or as I like to say it. "You can run but you will only go to jail tired."

Les 74
05-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Lets leave the Bungholes out of this LVG!!! :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Lets leave the Bungholes out of this LVG!!! :lol:

Right on Les. That would be a great banner to hang up at Heinz Field when the Steelers are playing the Bungals.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM

I mention his name in a post, and...BAM!...11 minutes later he shows up with his first post. Now THAT'S some powerful unintentional pimpage right there. You better recognize! :wink:

Or maybe it was due to a received PM....... :o :lol:

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Right on Les. That would be a great banner to hang up at Heinz Field when the Steelers are playing the Bungals.

I think someone might still have a banner that reads "I'd rather be gay than be a Bungle fan"...... :shock:

Les 74
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM

I think someone might still have a banner that reads "I'd rather be gay than be a Bungle fan"...... :shock:

Don't they both go hand in hand?? :lol:

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 04:31 PM

Thanks titties...I mean Vegasguy. :D

LasVegasGuy
05-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Thanks titties...I mean Vegasguy. :D

We couldn't leave you hanging. Start pimping the site and grab the best of the best. No mention of this site in a post because then it will become the Trib real quick.

Anybody send a PM to UNCSteeler yet?

papillon
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Patience Grasshopper, patience, this place will be rocking once the season starts and there's real football news. Right now with football news being slow it takes visiting 3 or 4 boards just to get a fresh perspective or you have to wait for days if you only go to one board.

Here are some posters that may be worth a PM: JC Steel, UNCSteeler, agdci981, Scarletfire1970, Mauer_99, SteelTsar, rpmpit, Steeler Shades, Chavezz, Ghost, GLLoyd95, DArtagnon, Chadman, Cold Hard Steel, Big Lebowski, redundantman, D Rock, mauisteel, feltdizz, Bradshaw's Hairdresser, Mel Blount's Glistening S, diver5, kareng, Big Kahuna Burgher, bdeff, SaccMann, JAR, SanAntonioSteelerFan, NC Steeler Fan, lambert maniac, bradyshawda, Raven Rick, Hardliner, TallyStiller...just off the top of my head. :lol:

Pappy

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Here are some posters that may be worth a PM: JC Steel, UNCSteeler, agdci981, Scarletfire1970, Mauer_99, SteelTsar, rpmpit, Steeler Shades, Chavezz, Ghost, GLLoyd95, DArtagnon, Chadman, Cold Hard Steel, Big Lebowski, redundantman, D Rock, mauisteel, feltdizz, Bradshaw's Hairdresser, Mel Blount's Glistening S, diver5, kareng, Big Kahuna Burgher, bdeff, SaccMann, JAR, SanAntonioSteelerFan, NC Steeler Fan, lambert maniac, bradyshawda, Raven Rick, Hardliner, TallyStiller...just off the top of my head.

I hit the highlighted ones up already....Plus a few others.
...I saw that Steeler Shades was already on the memberlist.

anothersteelerfan
05-17-2008, 12:49 AM

Patience Grasshopper, patience, this place will be rocking once the season starts and there's real football news. Right now with football news being slow it takes visiting 3 or 4 boards just to get a fresh perspective or you have to wait for days if you only go to one board.

Here are some posters that may be worth a PM: JC Steel, UNCSteeler, agdci981, Scarletfire1970, Mauer_99, SteelTsar, rpmpit, Steeler Shades, Chavezz, Ghost, GLLoyd95, DArtagnon, Chadman, Cold Hard Steel, Big Lebowski, redundantman, D Rock, mauisteel, feltdizz, Bradshaw's Hairdresser, Mel Blount's Glistening S, diver5, kareng, Big Kahuna Burgher, bdeff, SaccMann, JAR, SanAntonioSteelerFan, NC Steeler Fan, lambert maniac, bradyshawda, Raven Rick, Hardliner, TallyStiller...just off the top of my head. :lol:

Pappy
Well thanks for remembering me. :P

Vegasguy sent me a PM. Thanks Vegasguy.

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Here are some posters that may be worth a PM: JC Steel, UNCSteeler, agdci981, Scarletfire1970, Mauer_99, SteelTsar, rpmpit, Steeler Shades, Chavezz, Ghost, GLLoyd95, DArtagnon, Chadman, Cold Hard Steel, Big Lebowski, redundantman, D Rock, mauisteel, feltdizz, Bradshaw's Hairdresser, Mel Blount's Glistening S, diver5, kareng, Big Kahuna Burgher, bdeff, SaccMann, JAR, SanAntonioSteelerFan, NC Steeler Fan, lambert maniac, bradyshawda, Raven Rick, Hardliner, TallyStiller...just off the top of my head.

If I remember right STLRZ D and agdci981 had a heated exchange for awhile. Maybe all can be forgotten.

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 12:53 AM

Not a problem. Glad you decide to hang out for awhile.

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 12:56 AM

If I remember right STLRZ D and agdci981 had a heated exchange for awhile. Maybe all can be forgotten.

Did anyone try and pursude BigBen2112 to join? Maybe he doesn't want to leave an have someone catch up to his 20,000 + posts. :lol: :lol: d

anothersteelerfan
05-17-2008, 01:00 AM

I'll give it a try.

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 01:06 AM

I'll give it a try.

Do like alot of us are doing and jump back and forth until you settle on one. So far I am really liking this site and spend most of the time over here. I'm sure it will pick up when training camp starts and the preseason begins. Then NKY will be a posting fool. :lol:

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Then NKY will be a posting fool. :lol:

:evil: ................ Hey, at least you get 4 days a week off while I'm out of town.... :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Then NKY will be a posting fool. :lol:

:evil: ................ Hey, at least you get 4 days a week off while I'm out of town.... :lol:

Do we really get 4 days off or do you post from the hotel room?

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 01:18 AM

Well, I may be a part-time aviator, but I'm a full-time Bungle hater (and Steeler fan)...

....Sorry about your luck. :wink:

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 01:21 AM

Well, I may be a part-time aviator, but I'm a full-time Bungle hater (and Steeler fan)...

....Sorry about your luck. :wink:

I'm not complaining I'm just amazed at the stuff you are able to find.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM

Well what do you expect me to do on those long trans-cons'. You know we have wi-fi up there, right? :o j/k

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 01:30 AM

Well what do you expect me to do on those long trans-cons'. You know we have wi-fi up there, right? :o j/k

Slap on the auotpilot and grab some much needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Or hit on the stewardess.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Or hit on the stewardess.

We have the oldest in the fleet/industry... Our 6 outweigh the 14 from any of the Asian companys. But hey... The food is getting better!.. :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Or hit on the stewardess.

We have the oldest in the fleet/industry... Our 6 outweigh the 14 from any of the Asian companys. But hey... The food is getting better!.. :lol:

You know your right. I remember 20 or so years ago when stewardesses were hot. Now it's hit or miss. The ones you are referring too are probably the ones I am talking about from 20 years ago. :lol:

AngryAsian
05-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Pappy

I notice that you have a couple of "other team trolls" on your list. And though I wouldn't mind having input from other fans who want to come and discuss... I remember that we had a high level of Pat trolls on the board that did nothing but gloat and justify the cheating ways of their scumbag coach. Absolutely weak... something to consider.

Djfan
05-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Can we please not PM Bradyshaw? He has one mantra and it's wrong.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM

Thanks, guys, I'm honored to be considered in such esteemed company!

BTW ... who runs this board, some awesome fan :D , or some large corporation whose name must not be mentioned?

Thanks again!

Sig to be written later, but for now: HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

Shawn
05-17-2008, 06:48 PM
JHansle runs the show here.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks, guys, I'm honored to be considered in such esteemed company!

BTW ... who runs this board, some awesome fan :D , or some large corporation whose name must not be mentioned?

Thanks again!

Sig to be written later, but for now: HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

Welcome aboard SA!!!!!.... I saw you lurking earlier and would hope you'd start posting..... jhansle1 runs it, and hopefully it will become extremely active once the action starts.... It's slow now, just like everywhere during the off-season. ... Again, I'm glad you are checking it out.... Keep posting.

...And yea, "HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!"

BIG FAN
05-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Tired of the dysfunctional moderators and servers.

Tired of threads degrading to childish name-calling and posturing and getting off-topic, deviating from the original thread topic.

Tired of the LoD and the anti-steeler vibe that has crept into most of the board's general overall discussion format.

Love the look and feel of the this site...

Love the functionality of the user interface and the quick upload times.

1Steelers.com has a bunch of people from the Stillernation that very aggressive, and don't want to jump from the frying pan and into the fire.

... did I mention, I'm tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive. Welcome aboard.:lol:

Well spoken young man!
You shold point out about the troll infested threads though. :D
Especially the ones who masquerade as Steeler fans. :evil:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Pappy

And somehow I am not on that list...AMAZING!

Again Benny is completely disrespected.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM

... That's because Les and I both PM'd you..... You greed whore.... :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 09:11 PM

That was mentioned AFTER that list...im not one of the first this board wants? What a despicable place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 09:16 PM
That was mentioned AFTER that list...im not one of the first this board wants? What a despicable place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

<< cough, cough>> the list by Pap was well after I sent you messages, bro...

:P :P :P :P :P :P ..... If it makes you feel any better, tomiesteel was not invited!

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 09:17 PM

<< cough, cough>> the list by Pap was well after I sent you messages, bro...

:P :P :P :P :P :P ..... If it makes you feel any better, tomiesteel was not invited!

WOW! That does make me feel good...Im right ahead of the slum of the trib...hell ya!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfhound45
05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
For me? More than anything I was tired of that angryasian guy. What an absolute tool!

On the other hand, this asiansteel guy is pretty cool. :wink:

BIG FAN
05-17-2008, 09:31 PM
For me? More than anything I was tired of that angryasian guy. What an absolute tool!

On the other hand, this asiansteel guy is pretty cool. :wink:

Watch out Wolf, sounds like some inscrutable happenings going on. :lol:

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Watch out Wolf, sounds like some inscrutable happenings going on. :lol:

...Does that involve sheep?......... :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM

Don't feel bad,Benny.Its not that everyone disrespects you.Its that no one likes you. :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't feel bad,Benny.Its not that everyone disrespects you.Its that no one likes you. :lol:

I figured! :? :( :cry: :cry:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:41 PM

You didn't let me finish.I was going to say no one likes you................except queerbait!! :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:43 PM
[quote="Les 74":3imatsqf]

You didn't let me finish.I was going to say no one likes you................except queerbait!! :lol:[/quote:3imatsqf]

Actually...he told me he didnt like straight guys...and that's why he doesnt like me...but he said he LOVES you and Shawn! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:46 PM
He loves me and Shawn because of our intelligence.He salivates over you because of your "cute physique." :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:49 PM
He loves me and Shawn because of our intelligence.He salivates over you because of your "cute physique." :lol:

Oh...wait...I thought I was the intelligent one? Am I wrong?! Now my self-confidence will tank and I will fail out of school...and people will thus die b/c they wont get the treatment from my brilliant medical mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:51 PM

Oh...wait...I thought I was the intelligent one? Am I wrong?! Now my self-confidence will tank and I will fail out of school...and people will thus die b/c they wont get the treatment from my brilliant medical mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thats a bad thing??? :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:52 PM
[quote="Les 74":1lzyivrt]He loves me and Shawn because of our intelligence.He salivates over you because of your "cute physique." :lol:

And thats a bad thing??? :lol:[/quote:1lzyivrt]

World Depopulation huh?! Les is trying to find a way to scale back human consumption by destroying the human race... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

Yes...I hope that helps.

stlrz d
05-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Only took 3 hours for Ben to pass me. :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Yes...I hope that helps.

Damn you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Only took 3 hours for Ben to pass me. :lol:

High speed internet its an amazing thing...guess you dont get it up in the Cheez capital of the world huh?! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Its all a part of my diabolical plan to conquer the world.BWAHAAHAHAHA. :twisted:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Its all a part of my diabolical plan to conquer the world.BWAHAAHAHAHA. :twisted:

As Les says this waving around his plunger! :lol:

stlrz d
05-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I've had HS internet for over 10 years now.

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Baby steps,bud,baby steps. :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
I've had HS internet for over 10 years now.

Just kidding broheim...just kidding...loosen up that cheez head :lol: (with the steeler logo on it).

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
[quote="Les 74":td5uphir]Its all a part of my diabolical plan to conquer the world.BWAHAAHAHAHA. :twisted:

Baby steps,bud,baby steps. One toilet at a time:lol:[/quote:td5uphir]

There I fixed it for ya! :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey,just imagine the strife if no one could take a sh!t. :lol:

calmkiller
05-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Ben is a posting Machine. Thats his thing....

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Ben is a posting Machine. Thats his thing....

Nah im just board in the middle of nowhere PA!