PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShoppers

steelz09
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Are you all still interested in the photo shopper contests?

I have archived all of the photoshopper contests in the Planet Steelers photo gallery.. Please let me know if I missed any.

Also, the photo gallery allows all members to upload their own photos, and also create personalized albums of your favorite Steeler images. You can also rate, and comment on each photo / video.

Planet Steelers does not require additional sign-up for the photo gallery either! Simple, login using your Planet Steelers message board username and password and your on your way!

stlrz d
05-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I'll miss participating in the photoshop contests but not so much that I'll go back to the trib board.

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll miss participating in the photoshop contests but not so much that I'll go back to the trib board.

MJG has been made aware of the photoshop opportunities...... :!:

MeetJoeGreene
05-15-2008, 10:01 PM

We could have them here. If there were enough posters to participate and vote. The voting looks like it could be better (real voting, not hand tallied).

I need to think about whether to keep doing them on TL, both places, or move them. I am also getting fried doing them, so if someone else wants to take up the mantle here ......

stlrz d
05-15-2008, 10:17 PM

We could have them here. If there were enough posters to participate and vote. The voting looks like it could be better (real voting, not hand tallied).

I need to think about whether to keep doing them on TL, both places, or move them. I am also getting fried doing them, so if someone else wants to take up the mantle here ......

Happy to help any way I can.

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 12:21 AM

Count me in, Brother.

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
I'll give somebody a cagillion dollars if they teach me how to photoshop.

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 04:55 PM

Do you have photoshop? If you have any basic computer skills, photoshop is pretty easy
to use. If you do have photoshop, IMO, the most important thing besides the basics is layering, which becomes basic after the first time you try it.

Once you learn the basics, just mess around with the program and build from there.

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM

I don't use photoshop. I have a basic program called PhotoDraw. It's quite simple, but effective and a few tips from MJG really got me going with it!

MeetJoeGreene
05-16-2008, 09:41 PM

I don't use photoshop. I have a basic program called PhotoDraw. It's quite simple, but effective and a few tips from MJG really got me going with it!

That is correct. To do most of the stuff that is funny you don't need photshop proper. Photodraw or Picture IT premium (some of those programs come with PCS) work fine. If you have any of those, PM me and I will give you a few pointers.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 09:44 PM
I love looking at all the photshopped stuff. I would learn to love how to do it but my eggroll crappin brother has yet to teach me. :D

Shawn
05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I have adobe photoshop on my new laptop...would that work and is anyone familiar with it? I would love to get involved.

papillon
05-16-2008, 09:50 PM

Do you have photoshop? If you have any basic computer skills, photoshop is pretty easy
to use. If you do have photoshop, IMO, the most important thing besides the basics is layering, which becomes basic after the first time you try it.

Once you learn the basics, just mess around with the program and build from there.

Jig,

Do you work for Microsoft tech support? Technically, everything you said is true, however, the information provided isn't useful in any manner. :P

I'd love to learn how to use the program and I do have a copy of it on my PC.

Pappy

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Happy to answere anybody's question regarding photoshop. And yes Shawn....adobe photoshop is photoshop.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Happy to answere anybody's question regarding photoshop. And yes Shawn....adobe photoshop is photoshop.

:oops: Well that's what I thought...but I had no idea where to start. Does anyone here use adobe? Is it easy to use?

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:30 PM
MJG sent me a link or two several months ago, but it just seemed so difficult to use... I guess I didn't have the time/patience to work on it, but I've developed alot of respect for those that DO have the ability.

SteelerNation1
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I use a mac and i have phooshop. i always thought i was good on a computer but i cannot figure out photoshop. HELP!!!!!!!

Shawn
05-16-2008, 10:34 PM
MJG sent me a link or two several months ago, but it just seemed so difficult to use... I guess I didn't have the time/patience to work on it, but I've developed alot of respect for those that DO have the ability.

If you find that link...would you post it?

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:37 PM

If you find that link...would you post it?

You got it bro. Let me look.....

stlrz d
05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Click (http://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+tutorials&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS253US253&aq=t).

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry Shawn, I couldn't find it.

Maybe stlrzs' link is better for everyone. Best thing to do is just send a message to MJG for further assistance.

NKySteeler
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
...for future reference assistance is "bad word"..... :lol:

Shawn
05-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Maybe stlrzs' link is better for everyone. Best thing to do is just send a message to MJG for further bad word.

StlrzD unfortunately was being a smart azz. Hmph...big surprise. :lol:

I did google some beginner tutorials and I'm learning a little bit.

Shawn
05-16-2008, 11:10 PM

Maybe stlrzs' link is better for everyone. Best thing to do is just send a message to MJG for further bad word.

:lol:

I'm not against a dirty word filter but sometime it just sounds corney to say butt instead of azz.

MeetJoeGreene
05-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I actually don't have Photoshop proper. I have Microsoft Picture IT premium (which came on my PC), GIMP (free) and Paint.Net (free).

I am thinking about getting Photoshop Elements. Do any of you have that vs. full blown photoshop?

I echo what someone else said. The trick is understanding layers. Take a look at this one:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/tonymexic.jpg

In particular the hand holding the drink. I got the picture of Romo. Then I found a picture with the drink. Most programs have tools that let you select free hand or drag along an edge or by a shape or by a color. I prefer freehand. I outlned the drink and copied it. Then I pasted it into the Romo picture as a layer. Once you have a layer you can resize it, move it, change the brightness, etc. So I resized it and moved it in front of his hand to see where it would go. Then I moved it out of the way. Then I used the free hand tool and traced his hand again and "duplicated" it. Now I have a copy of his hand as a layer sitting on top of the picture. I move the drink into place again. Once you have multiple layers you can "order" them. So I took the layer with just his hand and made it come to the front. And presto.

That concludes this lesson.

Jigawatts
05-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I use a mac and i have phooshop. i always thought i was good on a computer but i cannot figure out photoshop. HELP!!!!!!!

I don't know anything about macs and my version of photoshop is at least 7 years old, but in my free time I could probably make out a guide for you. I hope it's relatively the same as what you have.

Pap, sorry, I do not work for microsoft, that's just the best way I could explain it without sitting right next to someone.

MJG, for me, the key is layers and opacity.

stlrz d
05-17-2008, 01:21 AM

StlrzD unfortunately was being a smart azz. Hmph...big surprise. :lol:

I did google some beginner tutorials and I'm learning a little bit.

Hey!

I really was trying to help. :(

AngryAsian
05-17-2008, 01:25 AM

MAC's RULE!

Djfan
05-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Anyone here willing to publish chapter one of "GIMP for Those With Computer-downs syndrome"?

I would appreciate it.

steelz09
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
MJG,

How many PhotoShoppers am I lacking in the Planet Steelers photo gallery.

I think I have about 25 contests. If someone provides the links to the ones I'm missing, I will surely upload the images. Please let me know.

MeetJoeGreene
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
MJG,

How many PhotoShoppers am I lacking in the Planet Steelers photo gallery.

I think I have about 25 contests. If someone provides the links to the ones I'm missing, I will surely upload the images. Please let me know.

The last one is v30 (still unvoted.) I have them bookmarked:

v26:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... p?t=129540 (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=129540)

v27:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... toshop+v27 (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=130087&highlight=photoshop+v27)

v28:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... toshop+v27 (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=130456&highlight=photoshop+v27)

v29:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... toshop+v29 (http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=131898&highlight=photoshop+v29)