PDA

View Full Version : SMG is in the Hizzouse!

Shawn
03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Very nice site you have here J. I see that you already have one troublemaker (BigFan) on your site. :) I look foward to Steeler discussion here.

steeltownfan
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Welcome aboard SMG!

Shawn
03-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Welcome aboard SMG!

Thank you...so I guess I'm a newb all over again. :D

steeltownfan
03-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome aboard SMG!

I guess so!

Wow, that quote is a bit different than other message boards. You can tell that this is the lastest version of phpBB. Good stuff.

Shawn
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard SMG!

I guess so!

Wow, that quote is a bit different than other message boards. You can tell that this is the lastest version of phpBB. Good stuff.

Yea, I must say I really like the presentation of this board. It looks sharp.

papillon
03-14-2008, 08:12 PM
SMG, costanza and Big Fan this board has gone to the dogs already. :wink:

I'll just have to limit my time here with all these roughians hanging out here. :P

Pappy

Shawn
03-14-2008, 09:18 PM

I'll just have to limit my time here with all these roughians hanging out here. :P

Pappy

Pappy!

It's good to see ya here. :D

papillon
03-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Pappy

Pappy!

It's good to see ya here. :D

I was going to use my alter ego, but I realized that I didn't really have one. :evil:

Hopefully, more of the others will sign up over the next few days and we'll have another excellent place to go and get Steeler information. Also, hoping for some fresh meat, I mean new blood to banter it back and forth with soon.

Pappy

costanza2k1
03-18-2008, 09:00 PM

Pappy

Hehe. What's up Pap!

Les 74
04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
What's up people????Be prepared for a whole lot of nothing being added to this board now that I am here!!! :P

costanza2k1
04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
What's up people????Be prepared for a whole lot of nothing being added to this board now that I am here!!! :P

....and it begins....a whole lot of nothing :P

Les 74
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM

....and it begins....a whole lot of nothing :P

Some people look to be intelligent,some to be funny.I look to be nothing!! :lol:

BIG FAN
04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Very nice site you have here J. I see that you already have one troublemaker (BigFan) on your site. :) I look foward to Steeler discussion here.

Nothing like another unsolicited "newbie" opinion. :lol:

BIG FAN
04-11-2008, 02:30 AM

Pappy

Troublemakers, roughians, and since I see Les is here too you might as well add hooligans. Boy, the off season just gets longer. Good to see ya' Pap. :D

Shawn
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Pappy

Hehe. What's up Pap!

Hide the women and children. And by all things good on earth please lock up the sheep.
You haven't seen what Les can do to farm animals. :D

By the way, have you gotten that hooligan buddy of yours over here yet?

Les 74
05-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Pappy

Hehe. What's up Pap!

Hide the women and children. And by all things good on earth please lock up the sheep.
You haven't seen what Les can do to farm animals. :D

By the way, have you gotten that hooligan buddy of yours over here yet?

Nothing wrong with a little animal play.At least you don't have to beg them for sex!!! :lol:

BIG FAN
05-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Les, you are completly sick! That said, I do notice kittens are rather soft when I rub them.

Les 74
05-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Les, you are completly sick! That said, I do notice kittens are rather soft when I rub them.

I try!! :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-04-2008, 04:30 PM
[quote="BIG FAN":26zz7aj0]Les, you are completly sick! That said, I do notice kittens are rather soft when I rub them.

I try!! :lol: :lol:[/quote:26zz7aj0]

Both of you guys have serious...serious issues. :D

Les 74
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
[quote="BIG FAN":1bojufuv]Les, you are completly sick! That said, I do notice kittens are rather soft when I rub them.

Both of you guys have serious...serious issues. :D[/quote:1bojufuv]

Tell me something I don't already know,Sherlock!!! :lol:

papillon
05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
[quote="BIG FAN":36n1dp10]Les, you are completly sick! That said, I do notice kittens are rather soft when I rub them.

Both of you guys have serious...serious issues. :D[/quote:36n1dp10]

You say this as if this is news? :shock:

By the way the kitten I rub isn't furry at all..:wink:

Pappy

AngryAsian
05-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Glad to see some familiar faces here. Here's to some good discussions.

calmkiller
05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Whats all this? None of you people know whats going on. So I will have to tell you!!

BIG FAN
05-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome aboard fellas, had a feeling there would be a few more of us over here, very refreshing to read a post that isnt five days old. :D

Flasteel
05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Good to see the familiar names here...well I guess AA is now AS, but I'd recognize that angry, yellow face anywhere. :lol:

I am going to start checking this site on a regular basis and if those Nazi bastards who moderate the other board don't get their act straight, I stand ready to make this my new home.

Jigawatts
05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
You can't have a quality discussion board without jigawatts.

Here I am beyotches. :lol:

AngryAsian
05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Good to see the familiar names here...well I guess AA is now AS, but I'd recognize that angry, yellow face anywhere. :lol:

I am going to start checking this site on a regular basis and if those Nazi bastards who moderate the other board don't get their act straight, I stand ready to make this my new home.

Not only getting in touch with my inner-ninja, I decided that "ANGRY" is not my predominant personality characteristics. I'm glad one of my fellow Floridian brothers of the black and gold is here representin'

Hopefully you and Oveido can make it to the east coast this year and go to the game in Jax this year. We really should get a contingency from the board to go to that game.

Flasteel
05-14-2008, 05:59 PM

Not only getting in touch with my inner-ninja, I decided that "ANGRY" is not my predominant personality characteristics. I'm glad one of my fellow Floridian brothers of the black and gold is here representin'

Hopefully you and Oveido can make it to the east coast this year and go to the game in Jax this year. We really should get a contingency from the board to go to that game.

That'd be cool but there are a couple of things that might get in the way for me. I've been watching games at a few different Steeler bars with a buddy of mine for 19 years, so it's kind of a routine. Neither one of us is a big fan of the live game (at least not from the stands) and we've both seen our fair share of them. Every now and then he's got a conflict of schedule and can't make the game, so maybe that might present an opportunity to make the drive...we'll see brother.

In the meanwhile, it's likewise good to have a fellow member of the Florida chapter represented among the familiar faces here.

NKySteeler
05-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Is it another "mass exodus" from the Trib, or just a search for a good site?.... Do they "regulate" trolls over here?

costanza2k1
05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey there AS, nice new sig!

AngryAsian
05-14-2008, 08:44 PM

Thanks brother. I'm pimpin' this site through PMs at the other site. I love the user interface of this site.... not to mention the look and feel. I'm a big graphics guy and the other site is archaic in both look and function. I hope there we can get a great number of quality posters over here prior to the season, so that the discussions will be fast and heavy here come August. I'm here and hopefully more will come.

calmkiller
05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Is it another "mass exodus" from the Trib, or just a search for a good site?.... Do they "regulate" trolls over here?

....I guess not :wink:

steelz09
05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes -- I will regulate trolls for the time being. Planet Steelers does not have a whole lot of activity yet, but when the traffic really picks up I will be looking for moderators.

anothersteelerfan
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Another place to waste my time and get even further behind on work. It's a good thing we own our own business so I can't be fired. :lol:

I just have one request can we keep Nutsack and Patriot trolls away?

This is a cool looking site btw.

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Hey now, you'll feel better after Pitt beats WVU for a second time in a row this season.... :twisted:

calmkiller
05-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Hey now, you'll feel better after Pitt beats WVU for a second time in a row this season.... :twisted:

Your really shouldn't be doing those drugs.....They are destroying your mind.

LasVegasGuy
05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes -- I will regulate trolls for the time being. Planet Steelers does not have a whole lot of activity yet, but when the traffic really picks up I will be looking for moderators.

Let's be somewhat easy on the Trolls we need them for controversy. If everyone on this site agreed it would become pretty boring.

LasVegasGuy
05-15-2008, 04:42 PM

Thanks brother. I'm pimpin' this site through PMs at the other site. I love the user interface of this site.... not to mention the look and feel. I'm a big graphics guy and the other site is archaic in both look and function. I hope there we can get a great number of quality posters over here prior to the season, so that the discussions will be fast and heavy here come August. I'm here and hopefully more will come.

I'm with you AS. I am really liking the look and feel of this site. Once the member count bulks up I may drop the Trib and be here fulltime.

Flasteel
05-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Let's be somewhat easy on the Trolls we need them for controversy. If everyone on this site agreed it would become pretty boring.

I completely agree LVG. Yeah, I sport the LoD sig on the other board but I'm just chastising those who bring constant negative viewpoints or attack others for no reason...plus it's funny. It would suck pretty bad if we all agreed on everything, but when we do disagree it's nice to not be sniped by some ******* waiting in the weeds. I actually enjoy the presence of trolls from other teams, especially the ones who keep coming back.

I think it's wrong to censor anyone or ban somebody unless they are posting offensive material or if it's blatantly obvious that they are there to only incite the masses. Now when I say offensive material, I mean something that is offensive to the vast majority, not something like your sig LVG (by the way, thanks you for brining her back to us :D ).

If I could make a request of you jhansle, it would be to add some type of spell-check feature (if possible). I spell-check most of the stuff I type already, but obviously not everyone takes the time to go into Word and test everything. When I see constant and egregious spelling or grammatical errors from other posters I tend to dismiss them as idiots and I'd prefer to not have that bias.

Thanks and great looking site...damn glad to be here.

Hey by the way, the word "*******" just got censored to "bad word". What is the expected etiquette on this board? I don't want to offend jhansle's standards but I do like to drop the occasional bomb as part of my normal prose. Like I always say, "I'm a colorful guy and I like to use colorful language". Is this offensive to anyone on here...has my tendency to do this ever offended anyone on the other board? :P

LasVegasGuy
05-15-2008, 05:47 PM

I completely agree LVG. Yeah, I sport the LoD sig on the other board but I'm just chastising those who bring constant negative viewpoints or attack others for no reason...plus it's funny. It would suck pretty bad if we all agreed on everything, but when we do disagree it's nice to not be sniped by some bad word waiting in the weeds. I actually enjoy the presence of trolls from other teams, especially the ones who keep coming back.

I think it's wrong to censor anyone or ban somebody unless they are posting offensive material or if it's blatantly obvious that they are there to only incite the masses. Now when I say offensive material, I mean something that is offensive to the vast majority, not something like your sig LVG (by the way, thanks you for brining her back to us :D ).

If I could make a request of you jhansle, it would be to add some type of spell-check feature (if possible). I spell-check most of the stuff I type already, but obviously not everyone takes the time to go into Word and test everything. When I see constant and egregious spelling or grammatical errors from other posters I tend to dismiss them as idiots and I'd prefer to not have that bias.

Thanks and great looking site...damn glad to be here.

Besides spell checker maybe we can ask the mod to form a commision of 5 to 10 people who will decide if a troll needs to be banned from the site. Sort of like your "5 to get in and your 5 to get out Lesions of Doom."

Flasteel
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
[

Yeah, but when you form small groups to make decisions, you're going to invite disaster. I would say keep it open to the entire board and not exclude anyone not labeled with a "Troll" status.

Hey, can we do that to posters jhansle?

Five votes (or maybe a few more if you all decide) would get someone the troll tag much like they now currently do from the mods at the Trib board (or do they choose to identify themselves that way?). We would need to have concrete criteria for earning the tag and maybe a troll classification to distinguish between the various forms of trolls.

I am liking this idea.

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey by the way, the word "*******" just got censored to "bad word". What is the expected etiquette on this board? I don't want to offend jhansle's standards but I do like to drop the occasional bomb as part of my normal prose. Like I always say, "I'm a colorful guy and I like to use colorful language". Is this offensive to anyone on here...has my tendency to do this ever offended anyone on the other board? :P

Yes, these "off-color" comments has caused me to loose much sleep! :lol:
...Just kidding, man! ... I do the same thing, so it would be good to know the standard protocol.... My question is how did you know the color was #BFBFFF?

LasVegasGuy
05-15-2008, 06:58 PM
[

Yeah, but when you form small groups to make decisions, you're going to invite disaster. I would say keep it open to the entire board and not exclude anyone not labeled with a "Troll" status.

Hey, can we do that to posters jhansle?

Five votes (or maybe a few more if you all decide) would get someone the troll tag much like they now currently do from the mods at the Trib board (or do they choose to identify themselves that way?). We would need to have concrete criteria for earning the tag and maybe a troll classification to distinguish between the various forms of trolls.

I am liking this idea.

I know what you mean. It's hard to get your point across when "Kiss my azs" gets changed to "kiss my buddy".

Or on this site. "Kiss my bad word". :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey, folks! You can't get rid of me!!!

Can I be a Steeler troll? Pretty please?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1114/718219040_fbcb046adf.jpg?v=0

LasVegasGuy
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Ruthless is in the house. Welcome! It won't be long now before the trib is left with Nutzcak and Bradshawda.

Flasteel
05-15-2008, 07:16 PM

Yes, these "off-color" comments has caused me to loose much sleep! :lol:
...Just kidding, man! ... I do the same thing, so it would be good to know the standard protocol.... My question is how did you know the color was #BFBFFF?

Yeah, I've noticed your propensity for the profane as well brother, so I didn't think you'd be objecting. :lol:

I don't want to sit there and circumnavigate jhansle's filter all of the time if he genuinely objects to such language, so that's what I was kind of asking when I threw that question out there. The rest of you guys can kiss my "bad word". :lol:

That's funny about the #BFBFFF, because I first saw the text in the editing page and thought it was gold. When I noticed the mistake in the viewing mode, I just briefly looked at the color and thought it was white, so I went back in and adjusted it based on what I thought looked closest.

Jigawatts
05-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Welcome aboard newbie.

LETS GO PENS.

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 07:57 PM

As I was just discussing earlier with someone, you just saved me a PM!...... :wink:

eniparadoxgma
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Calm down, everyone. I'm here. 8)

I would also like to know the expected etiquette round these here parts. That is, before I start posting up all my nun pr0n pics, ya know?

For the record, I don't mind dissenting opinions but I do mind the trolls that post perpetually negative, intentionally insulting posts about a hundred times a day. If I have to deal with that here I'll probably just go back to the old board, as getting away from the idgits is one of my main reasons for being here. I can...breathe better.

Of course, given my propensity for feeling the need to not let those posters run amok, my post count will probably dwindle in their absence. Hey, it's a win-win. :lol:

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Of course, given my propensity for feeling the need to not let those posters run amok, my post count will probably dwindle in their absence. Hey, it's a win-win. :lol:

Thank god... Then we won't see too much of that "white flashing light" in your sig?....
...Just kidding, man!....Sort of. :wink:

eniparadoxgma
05-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Better? :lol:

NKySteeler
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Better? :lol:

I was just teasing you.... But me and my bottle of Geritol thank you....... :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
05-16-2008, 12:04 AM

I would also like to know the expected etiquette round these here parts. That is, before I start posting up all my nun pr0n pics, ya know?

For the record, I don't mind dissenting opinions but I do mind the trolls that post perpetually negative, intentionally insulting posts about a hundred times a day. If I have to deal with that here I'll probably just go back to the old board, as getting away from the idgits is one of my main reasons for being here. I can...breathe better.

NKy and I were discussing this very thing, EPI. There are literally tons of posters on TL that I don't agree with a good portion of the time, but I respect there opinions and vantage points regardless. That's what a forum should be about.... heavy debates and hard nosed opinions, but I have to agree that the recent infestation of trolls over the past year on TL has left me not avid about discussing anything. If you are friendly and joke with a couple of fellow members, you're "in a clique" .... if you are excited about a decision that the FO has made or the HC for that matter, you're a "kool-aide drinking lemming".

Glad you can make it over and hope that we have a great number of the quality posters come over here prior to the season, so that when the season starts we'll have a big pool of opinions to have many-a great discussion with. Welcome aboard, fellow newbie. :lol:

feltdizz
05-16-2008, 09:00 AM
holla!

Les 74
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Holy crap!!!!I go away for a few days and look what happens.This board is now desecrated with all of you ruffians.Time to find a new one!!!! :P :lol:

Seriously,welcome to all!!! 8)

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2008, 10:27 AM

NKy and I were discussing this very thing, EPI. There are literally tons of posters on TL that I don't agree with a good portion of the time, but I respect there opinions and vantage points regardless. That's what a forum should be about.... heavy debates and hard nosed opinions, but I have to agree that the recent infestation of trolls over the past year on TL has left me not avid about discussing anything. If you are friendly and joke with a couple of fellow members, you're "in a clique" .... if you are excited about a decision that the FO has made or the HC for that matter, you're a "kool-aide drinking lemming".

Glad you can make it over and hope that we have a great number of the quality posters come over here prior to the season, so that when the season starts we'll have a big pool of opinions to have many-a great discussion with. Welcome aboard, fellow newbie. :lol:

The only reason you came over to this board was to follow your clique buddies, you kool-aide drinking lemming!!! :lol:

eniparadoxgma
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
The only reason you came over to this board was to follow your clique buddies, you kool-aide drinking lemming!!! :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Shawn
05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Para...I think Jhansle is pretty open to growing this site with alot of different opinions. With that said, trolls will be given just enough rope to hang themselves. I have a feeling that anyone over here just to make trouble will be shown the door.

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Para...I think Jhansle is pretty open to growing this site with alot of different opinions. With that said, trolls will be given just enough rope to hang themselves. I have a feeling that anyone over here just to make trouble will be shown the door.

Then you'll be gone pretty damn quickly! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-17-2008, 10:11 PM

Yea...I was told by big brother that I'm on probation. If I act up...they will send me to a dark dark place where I can only chat with harry nutczak. :shock: :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 10:12 PM

Yea...I was told by big brother that I'm on probation. If I act up...they will send me to a dark dark place where I can only chat with harry nutczak. :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That'd be pure hell for you!

Les 74
05-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Somehow I don't think Shawn talking to Harry Nutsack will be a "problem" at all.He doesn't have any problem bouncing them off his chin! :lol:

BIG FAN
05-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Somehow I don't think Shawn talking to Harry Nutsack will be a "problem" at all.He doesn't have any problem bouncing them off his chin! :lol:

Is that a new definition of chin music?

Personaly I think most m.d.'s are more adept at the reach around than the rebound.
Just a guess as a humble nurse.

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:33 PM
[quote="Les 74":3u0m9nsr]Somehow I don't think Shawn talking to Harry Nutsack will be a "problem" at all.He doesn't have any problem bouncing them off his chin! :lol:

Is that a new definition of chin music?

Personaly I think most m.d.'s are more adept at the reach around than the rebound.
Just a guess as a humble nurse.[/quote:3u0m9nsr]

Extremely important profession as well.

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Les!!!... remove the "[/quote]" from the tail of your sig.....

Les 74
05-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Les!!!... remove the "" from the tail of your sig.....[/quote]

Didn't even see that there.Thanks,NKy!!!

NKySteeler
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
You now scare me Jason . . . :shock:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM

HUGE horror movie buff.I have quite an extensive collection.

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM

You're quite a whore?! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 11:48 PM

You're quite a whore?! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh,brother!!!Every comedian in the world can sleep easy tonight knowing their job is safe tomorrow morning!! :lol:

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh,brother!!!Every comedian in the world can sleep easy tonight knowing their job is safe tomorrow morning!! :lol:

LOL!
Same with the plumbers of the world! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-17-2008, 11:54 PM

LOL!

Hey,I could give some of these so called "plumbers" a run for their money.Some of them are just.........WOW!!!

BigBen2112
05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
[quote="Les 74":227572t5]

LOL!

Hey,I could give some of these so called "plumbers" a run for their money.Some of them are just.........WOW!!![/quote:227572t5]

I believe you.