Daily Archives: June 8, 2012
Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:23:35
by SCOTT BROWN
Source: TribLIVE RSS Feeds
Evan Golden on set with NFL Legend Terry Bradshaw. They play a little fun game “Word 4 Word!” Terry has to say the first thing that comes to his mind.
Source: Steelers Gab
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was the keynote speaker at the 2012 African American Heritage Sports Luncheon hosted by the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday at PNC Park.“I am simply a football coach and my ...
Source: Pittsburgh Steelers : News
We're going to try something a little different here on Behind The Steel Curtain.
Don't ask me why, but I always get a kick out of the cutesy segment names run on local radio stations. One of the best is Free Form Fridays, where stations play deeper cuts of the same 15 bands, groups and artists they usually play.
Don't worry, there won't be any Adele played here. We're going to stick with our bread and butter: an open thread.
Like Linda Richman, I'm going to give you a few topics, Steelers-related of course. Agenda free, on and off topic comments are more than welcome. It's Friday afternoon, lets talk some Steelers football.
If you talk improvement among the division, isn't it obvious Pittsburgh and Cincinnati had more of that than Cleveland and Baltimore.
- Baltimore didn't really need to improve in the sense they can roll out their team this year and be competitive. I don't think that was the case so much with the other three teams, but Pittsburgh greatly improved its offensive line, and other positions, like defensive line and the secondary, will get better through the development of the roster. Cincinnati added to its offensive line and secondary in the draft with guys who will start, then grabbed, I think, a very underrated receiver in Mohamad Sanu. TE Orson Charles is good at one thing, really, straight-line pass routes, but that's not bad when you've got talented pass catchers like they do. Even Cleveland improved by- sorry, I can't finish that without laughing. I guess Brandon Weeden is probably an improvement over Colt McCoy like my wife's Ford Focus is an improvement over my Chrysler Sebring.
- Could "Prometheus" be any more hyped than it is? Don't get me wrong, I love blockbuster season as much as anyone, doesn't this seem like one of those "All Sizzle No Steak" kinds of movies? You know, the New York Jets of Hollywood?
- Speaking of the Jets, I don't suppose there's any chance we'll no longer have this "Jets West" garbage jammed down our throats, is there? Sure, it's nice their players are actually going to meet up and work together, but if the main positive thing is their top receiver (Santonio Holmes) is actually getting off his butt and flying to Mark Sanchez's mecca that is southern California, please don't blame me for not being impressed.
- Speaking of them again, ladies and gentlemen, your New York Jets captain!
- "I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today," Holmes said. "I've been gone for a while, so I can't be at full tempo like the rest of the guys and where they want us to be at."
- Don't ask me why I thought of this, but do you ever consider how purely awesome those pre-fried frozen chicken patties are? They're like Brett Keisel in his Monster Backer days; versatile, never dull and you always want it on your roster (in your freezer). Microwave or baked, with ketchup, maybe ranch, even some mayo here and there. Pickles and or cheese...there's just so much you can do with them.
- The Miami Heat fan who yelled "good game" at the Heat players as they walked off the floor (ignoring him completely) is the biggest non-story I've ever read. Yes, even less of a story than anything with the word "Kardashian." Well...lemme think about that for a bit. I'll get back to you.
- This is funny, that's what this is:
Roethlisberger texts DeCastro the other day to ask him if he needs him to set up his flight to Pittsburgh for minicamp.
— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) June 8, 2012
- Anyway...what's on your mind, Steeler Nation? Best thoughts going up on Twitter, so if you've been sitting on a golden comment, let's see it.
Source: Behind the Steel Curtain
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers QB Charlie Batch joined The Fan Morning Show on Friday to talk about the new offense under Todd Haley.
Batch said it will be a difficult transition because of all the terminology to learn and it will involve an emphasis on running the football, but “”At the end of the day, it’s what he wants, and ultimately what he’s going to get.”
Batch joined us on behalf of the Panerna Bread Pup Walk coming up on Sunday June 10, at the Waterfront. Batch is the Grand Marshall. The walk is benefiting the Animals at the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society.
You can sign up at www.panerapupwalk.org or by calling 412-321 4625 Ext. 248.
Source: CBS Pittsburgh » Steelers
Steelers linebacker James Harrison was suspended for a game for the helmet-to-helmet that concussed Browns quarterback Colt McCoy last year, but McCoy has no hard feelings. McCoy said on the Dan Patrick Show that he did not think Harrison’s hit was a cheap shot, and that Harrison was simply going after the quarterback aggressively, as…
Source: Pittsburgh Steelers : Videos
Fri, 08 Jun 2012 17:23:36
by MARK KABOLY
Source: TribLIVE RSS Feeds